Monday, December 8, 2008

Trimming the Tree






I got a few quick snapshots of the boys BEFORE we decorated our tree...I never managed to get any of the finished product but will post some later... maybe due to my frustrated hubby saying "baby, does everything we do have to be a photo session?" So, I took it easy on them... and what I got was not great, but you can at least see their Christmas pj's and hats!

I started the tradition last year of letting them wear their Christmas pj's early to decorate the tree and we all wear our Santa hats too! Jayce was very into decorating this year and loved to hang his own ornaments especially... Last year, I tried to only use ornaments which complemented my colors in the den, and while it looked pretty, I must admit it just wasn't as fun that way... So many of the ornaments I love and wanted to tell Jayce about just sat in our attic and I felt kind of sad about that... So this year, I decided to do my "boring" tree in the dining room and I pulled all the other fun ornaments out for our big tree and had the best time telling Jayce all about them! We drank hot chocolate, had soup and sandwiches and watched Rudolph... Decorating the tree has always been one of my favorite activities because my mom always made it so fun when I was young... I hope that Jayce and Gabe will feel the same way some day...

No comments: