Sunday, December 21, 2008

Running Away



I remember doing this as a child, but I feel like I was older... Am I that bad a parent that at 3 Jayce is ready for this?! Anyhow, this is his new thing... He puts on his backpack, full of his animals, and his water bottle, steps into his rainboots and tells me he is running away now. First, he said he was running away to Heaven. He said he was getting there in his basketball goal (what an imagination)... I watched him walk out into our garage and try to climb into it... then he decided that would not work and got on his tricycle... Then, it was as if it really hit him, he asked me "mom, what other way can I get to Heaven?" I said, sit down, let's talk a while...

Then, he told me yesterday he was running away to Bethlehem where Jesus was born.

Currently, he and daddy have run away to the playroom and he packed a snack for them and 2 drinks... he's a funny kid!

PS, sorry about the position of my supposed to be vertical pictures... my kodak program is not being very cooperative, so bare with me!

No comments: