Monday, December 29, 2008

The McLaughlin Family Ornament Exchange

This is one of my personal favorite holiday traditions! We get together with the McLaughlin side of the family 2 nights before Christmas... In years past, all the children brought each other an ornament but this year we simplified and they each brought one ornament to exchange with their cousins... The adults to the chinese ornament exchange each year and I pride myself always in playing this game well! Every else there calls it being flat out mean... they say my evil twin comes out during this game... I just get really excited about Christmas ornaments and when I see one I really want, I aim to win it! Anyhow, I was actually more tame this year... I figured out the trick... Often I buy an ornament I want to keep myself... So now, I just buy two, and leave one at home... that way, it is not the end of the world if I don't win the one I want... I still have one at home waiting for me!

Anyhow, this is always alot of fun for us and the kids! The kids run wild in the clubhouse,and we eat and trade ornaments!








1 comment:

Celia said...

I don't think your evil twin comes out! I think you play the game the way it's suppose to be played and that's what makes it fun. I love it, love it, love it!