Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Eve






First of all, Happy Birthday JESUS and late MERRY CHRISTMAS to everyone! I am slowly but surely making my way through documenting all our Christmas festivities! We had a wonderful Christmas, celebrating the birthday of our Savior! Jayce was very interested in the Christmas story this year and learning more about the birth of Jesus so that was so much fun. He enjoyed me reading to him from Luke 2 and would say, "mommy, can we read God's word now?" How sweet is that?!

Christmas Eve day after naptime, Jay, Jayce, Gabe and I all opened one present... The boys exchanged gifts they had purchased each other at the dollar tree and Loved them and Jay and I did gifts to each other and from the boys... everyone did a fantastic job shopping this year I must say!

Anyhow, Christmas Eve we all go the the Christmas Eve Service and my boys did not quite last the whole time... well one boy did, Jayce, just not Gabe... Granted we were sitting on the McLaughlin pew(the first pew in the church... not where Jay and I usually sit since we are regularly tardy)... and Gabe put on quite a show before Jay decided he had better exit with him...

After church we head to the McLaughlin cabin for dinner... yummy prime rib, potatoes and salad and red velvet cake was on the menu that evening... Then, we all watch as each person opens gifts... This year, the children drew names and the adults skipped that part but it was actually just as fun just being together and we all saved a little extra so I'm all for it next year too!

We put the kiddos to bed, they all sleep together in one room except for Gabe of course... Then, we were up until 3 am doing our thing... Jayce woke me up at 7 to tell me Santa brought him a JEEP!!! I was so sad I did not get to see the look on his face when he FIRST came down... but my mommy alarm clock was not early enough that morning... Anyhow, it was still awesome to see him check out all his other gifts!

No comments: