Wednesday, February 29, 2012

MY SCRIPTURE PRAYER FOR MY BOYS

So I'm reading this morning in my quiet time and found THE PERFECT WORDS to describe exactly what I desire for my boys... I try to explain to Jay often that I have such a desire to teach my boys of God's love for them... I do not want them to feel that He's a set of rules and regulations, as I think so often can be the case when He's misunderstood. And with children, we have to have rules, yet I want them to do certain things because they LOVE Him, not because it's a rule, so it's a hard balance. The Lord's love is so amazing and full of grace for us, as imperfect humans. Yet, I believe that when one really grasps it, how great His Love is for us, they will have a desire and want to do things that please Him... Just like how we love our kids and want to do good things for them..., that's how our love should be for the Lord... I've found so much freedom in personally experiencing the difference it makes when I do things for the Lord not out of duty then when I do them because I WANT to honor Him because I LOVE Him!

I just thought this passage sums up what I want for them and I wanted to share it with any of you who may not have seen it before...it JUMPED out at me today!

Ephesians 3:14-20
"For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named. That He would grant you (Jayce and Gabe), according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in their inner man, that Christ may dwell in your hearts (in the hearts of Jayce and Gabe) through faith, that you (Jayce and Gabe), being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height-to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you (Jayce and Gabe) may be filled with all the fullness of God."

and when it's a rough day and I am wondering if my prayers are ever going to make a difference, I'll remind myself

"Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen."

No comments: