Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Update

SO, my lumbar MRI came out clean, other than scoliosis, which we already knew I had, and uneven leg lengths... again already knew this...
HOWEVER, we finally have a good possibility as to what it might be, the SI joint appears to be dysfunctional, which is below the bottom vertebrae of the spine that connects the spine to the tailbone... There is no way to see this on screen in xrays or MRI's as it doesn't show up there. But, the symptoms I have are supposedly very similar to it and it causes radiating pain into the lower back and down the leg on one side... They've given me a steroid injection into the joint and I'm unable to tell yet if that will bring relief... They are able to do more later, although I'm hoping to be able to find some exercises to strengthen and correct the actual problem instead of having to continue to take these... but one day at a time... I'm hopeful they have indeed pinpointed the issue and at least now we now what we're dealing with. If it is this, from what I can tell, it can be a chronic problem for many, yet some have had success in getting it to a manageable point, with less pain, and moderate activity... I'm praying for the latter... or better yet, the Lord will heal my body totally of this if it's part of His plan for me.

No comments: